The Punjab Public Service Commission, being an independent and impartial Constitutional Authority, set up under Article 315 of the Constitution of India have to discharge the duties and functions, assigned to them under Article 320 of the Constitution. Further, by virtue of the provisions made in the relevant Acts, the Commission is required to advise the State Government on all matters relating to framing of Recruitment and Promotion Rules, principles to be followed in making appointments, promotion and transfer from one service to another and in respect of disciplinary matters affecting Civil Servants. At present direct recruitment of Class-I & Class-II posts of different departments is done by the Commission.
Posts Through Punjab PCS Examination
- Punjab Civil Service (Executive Branch)
- Punjab Police – Deputy Superintendent of Police
- Deputy Superintendent of Jails/District Probation Officer
- Excise & Taxation Officer
- Block Development & Panchayat Officer
- Labour & Conciliation Officer
|A) Preliminary Examination|
|Subject:||Paper- I General Studies
Paper-II Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT)
|1) Both the papers will be of objective type multiple choice questions.
2) Duration of each paper for preliminary examination will be two hours.
3) There will be no negative marking.
4) The question paper shall be bilingual and shall be printed in English
(Roma script) and Punjabi (Gurmukhi script) except for questions where candidates’ proficiency in language is to be tested.
5) The standard of questions would be to test the knowledge as is expected of a person who graduation level.
7) The Preliminary Examination is only a screening test for selecting candidates who would be eligible to take the Main Examination and the marks obtained in this Examination shall towards the merit of the candidates arrived at after the Main Examination.
|B) Main Examination:|
|1) All papers shall be descriptive in nature and duration of each paper will be three hours.
2. The main competitive examination shall include seven compulsory papers.
3. Candidates will have the option to attempt all the papers, except the language papers in Punjabi or English medium.
4. Candidates exercising the option to answer Papers in Punjabi language may, if they so desire, give English version within brackets of only the description of the technical terms, if any, in addition to the version in Punjabi language.
|1. Punjabi||(in Gurumukhi Script) Compulsory (of 10+2 standard) : Marks 100|
|2. English Compulsory||(of 10+2 standard) : Marks 100|
|3. Essay||Marks 150|
|4. General Studies Paper-I||(History, Geography and Society): Marks 250|
|5. General Studies Paper-II||(Indian Constitution & Polity , Governance and International Relations): Marks 250|
|6. General Studies Paper-III||(Economy, Statistics and Security Issues) : Marks 250|
|7. General Studies Paper-IV||(Science &Technology, Environment, Problem Solving & Decision Making): Marks 250|
|8. Interview:||Marks 150|