- PM Gareeb Kalyan Scheme will entail Rs 1.7 lakh crore.
- It will include both cash transfer and food security.
- Provide insurance cover worth Rs 50 lakh for sanitation workers, ASHA workers, doctors, nurses, paramedics in case they need it as they are on the frontlines of the corona battle.
- Over and above 5kg of rice/wheat that is already given, another 5 kg per person will be given free to around 80 crore people through PDS. Besides, one kg of preferred
- Rs 1.7 lakh crore package: It is for those who are in “immediate need” with an aim to put money in their hands
Health insurance cover: Rs 50 lakh per person for frontline warriors (doctors, nurses, sanitation, ASHA or government workers)
- Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana: 5 kg of wheat/rice per person will be given for next three months in addition to the 5 kg which is already given; 1 kg of pulse per household
- Cash transfer based on DBT (direct benefit transfer):
Farmers, who get Rs 6,000 annually under PM-Kisan, will get first installment of Rs 2,000 in addition and it will be given immediately in the first week of April.
MGNREGA: ‘Wages increased from Rs 182 to Rs 202 and it will result in an additional income of Rs 2,000’
Widow/poor widows/poor/’divyang’/senior citizens: Ex-gratia Rs 1,000 (to be given in two installment)
Women Jan Dhan Yojana: Ex-gratia amount of Rs 500 per month (next three months)
Ujjwala Scheme: For next three months, free cylinders will be given to those who are enrolled in the scheme
Self-help group women dealing with livelihood missions: Collateral free loan amount increased to Rs 20 lakh from Rs 10 lakh
Organised sector: Govt to pay EPF contribution (both employer and employee) for next three month for those establishments which have up to a 100 employees and 90% employees earning less than Rs 15,000
Workers can withdraw up to 75% from the PF funds (non-refundable advance) or three months of wages (whichever is lower)
Constructions workers: The Centre directed state governments to use fund of Rs 31,000 crore to provide relief
District mineral fund: State governments can use the fund for medical testing, screening and providing health attention services
ciicoronaviruscoronavirus cases in indiacoronavirus curecoronavirus in delhicoronavirus in indiaCoronavirus in Kashmircoronavirus in maharashtracoronavirus indiacoronavirus india casescoronavirus india deathcoronavirus india delhicoronavirus india latest newscoronavirus india lockdowncoronavirus india newscoronavirus india updateCoronavirus India Updatescoronavirus LIVe updatescoronavirus symptomscoronavirus treatmentcoronavirus updateCoronaviusCoronavius Cases in indiaCovid 19 Cases in indiacovid-19CurfewEconomic Reliefeconomic task forceforeignIndiaindia Coronavius casesindia covid 19 casesIndia Fights Coronaviusindia lockdownindia lockdown Live Updatesindian tradeJanta Curfew in indiaLIVELive UpdateslockdownModimonetary policyNarendra ModiNirmala SitharamanNirmala Sitharaman announcement todayPM ModiSelf Isolation